Was checking out Ill Doctrine's The Lost Tapes, vol. 1 esp Machine Guns and Stupid Choices on his website (see the Cipher Blog Roll on our class blog under Ill Doc). I began to checkout blip.tv instead of YouTube for hip-hop videos and found the video below: Five Events that Changed Hip Hop. It comes from a show called Hip Hop Official on blip.tv.
Hip Hop Official is all things hip hop with artist interviews, latest news, music videos, reviews, fashion, gadgets, games, award show coverage and more.
A blog for Professor G's hip-hop courses incl. MSC 3018 (Sp 08) and ANT/BLS 3085 (Fa08).
HOW TO WEB 2.0
Monday, September 29, 2008
Five Events that Changed Hip-Hop
Labels:
Hip Hop Official TV show,
illdoc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hey just wanted to say that I enjoyed watching the the top 5 moments that changed hiphop. I thoiught that it was cool and interesting . And hey I never knew that will won a grammy and protested the show at that to , pretty cool . destiny
I love this video! =] First off, it started with Run DMC's My Adidas & I love that song, as well as It's Tricky. I love the fact that "Rev Run" now has his own show too- it's hysterical. Also, when watching this video, it made me think of how things would be if Tupac and BIG were still alive. Would the east coast vs. west coast still be as prominent?? Also, I would have loved to hear more albums from them because a lot of their stuff is amazing. I also wonder what their input would be on the direction hip-hop has taken.
Mechal S.
Ant 3085
ok..so not only did RUN DMC pave the way for all the up and coming Queens borough rappers, but they were the 1st rap trio to endorse a major sneaker line. Their contributions to the Hip-Hop game is very momentous, and appreciated by many:-). But it was a litle discouraging to learn that it took the high-price cost of sampling for peeps to make their own beats.One good benefit of being broke, because now we have so many amazing,crazy, cant stop moving my feet and bopping my head beats out there{Hi- 5 to that}
Yasmin Foster
Oct 2,2008
BLS 3085
3rd yr Marketing
I think this video was great because it gave alot of information in such a short perid of time. This is a good video for anyone who doesnt know alot about hip hop,and wants to gain more insight on some of it's history. ou gain knowledge on how the hip-hop indusrty was in the past,and how its effected its eveolution today.
This short video was perfect, summed up 5 of the most influential events in hip hop without going into the major details. Every one of those events are most def. some of the more crucial points in the development of what hip hop is today. Im glad I watched it too because i did not know about the first rap performance grammy being boycotted, im glad they did!
-Meredith Levine
ANT 3085
10/5/08
Post a Comment