A blog for Professor G's hip-hop courses incl. MSC 3018 (Sp 08) and ANT/BLS 3085 (Fa08).

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Express yourself

Hip-Hop Classic
Throwback from one of the most controversial groups in hip-hop

2 comments:

Meredith said...

first thing that comes to mind though when i listen to NWA is Tim Dog's "fuck compton" song makes me giggle everytime just because of the delivery..

Meredith Levine
11/18/08
BLS 3085

LAWW said...

Love this songg.. & I love the fact that dre says "people be what society wants them to be but not me"- it's soo true! NWA killed it, but I rarely remember ever hearing them on the radio. I think it's ironic how it seems like the more controversial you are, the less air-time & recognition you get. When people speak the truth & don't conform, or, "sell-out" they get hated on. It's like Jay-Z says, "I got beef with radio if I don't play they show. They don't play my hits, I don't give a shit so."